September 19, 2010

When Relia and Peder went for a walk at the mall, Relia asked to wear "her" Vikings hat


Felix and I stayed home and did laundry

After a day of chores and looking for 3T pants (not to mention a fantastic supper made by FP, who has overcome his fear of cooking poultry), Relia and I put on our coats and set off for a walk to the park. But we got side tracked by the lure of our own back yard. And as the sun set, I eyed our outdoor fire place, that hasn't been used in over a year...

FP came out and decided to set up his telescope



Then Relia and I started in with the marshmallows. Relia was in charge of getting "sticks" from the day lily beds, and, of course, taste testing the marshmallows.


One night last winter, I discovered the joy of toasting mini marshmallows.


They cook so much faster, and you can eat more of them.


Good night.


6 comments:

  1. What a delightful album of pictures of your fun evening! Your fireplace looks so cozy - and roasting mini marshmellows is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is waaaay too cute. How about baby Felix?? Isn't he getting big!! He looks a lot like his sister. What a fun and perfect thing to do on a fall afternoon than to roast marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Vikings hat...she looks like she's about to say "YoYo dawg"...just make sure she doesn't start wearing boxers and jeans that are 4 sizes too big and hang down to mid-thigh...!

    I agree, the fireplace looks very cozy (or, alternatively, the English "cosy", which I think looks cozier). I wish we could have a firepit here, but it's still in the mid-80s...hopefully it will cool off soon.

    Tell Relia to bring her hat along, she can watch the game with Peder and Grandpa and Uncle Hans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect, perfect weekend! And mini marshmallows. I'm totally going to have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great night!!! I wish we could have been there with you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.