August 13, 2006

Progress

In the spring of 2005 I found myself unemployed and decided to take on some home improvement projects. One of those was replacing the bathroom floor. I had always hated the linoleum that had been poorly laid. As I began to tear it up it became clear that there was no way I'd be able to get to the hardwood I was sure was under the subfloor. I lost interest and the bathroom has been untouched for over a year. Then the toilet started to leak. We have one of those old fashioned toilets where the tank is up high, the leak was somewhere between the tank & the toilet. Since I had to take the thing apart anyway, I might as well take out the toilet and get going on the floor. Here is the project so far:

I have broken one tile, which is unfortunate, because as you can see, I am short exactly one tile! I have another whole package of tile, but I'm not gonna open it for one lousy piece. So I'm off to Home Depot to return my tile package and pick up a couple of single tiles (You know if I just get one more, that is practically guaranteeing I will break another.)


3 comments:

  1. Ah! The joys of tiling a floor. I found it made my finger nails very filed down. Gotta love grout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries about the nails, I'm going through another nail biting phase. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my nails are crap - I just found that it made them smooth and the tips of my fingers very tender. doh!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.