This was my last weekend off for a while. On Monday summer tutoring starts, I was fortunate enough to get a full load (20 hrs/week) this year. It helps that I will teach almost anything they ask me to. Also I have two weddings on my own this weekend. When it rains, it pours!
On Saturday I worked on getting ready for my classes, by sorting through my mountain of classroom stuff in the garage. (I know I put my box of summer stuff here somewhere!) It is a true mess because when I left Cityview, I just piled it in the garage, not knowing if I'd ever want to teach again. When I left Sheridan, it was December and too cold to put anything away properly. So now it is June and I have to face my heap. Eventually, I managed to find my summer box and now I'm sorting through it.
Every year for the past five, I have panicked that I wasn't competent enough to teach summer classes. And every year my friend Stephanie calms me down, reminding me that I go through this every year and always do great. This is the first year I am completely calm and feel like I know exactly what I am doing. Maybe I have a few first day jitters but I am not worried.
Saturday night, Peder and I went to my mother-in-law's to celebrate our anniversary. After that, we headed to "Le Bourget".
Sounds fancy, right? It was very nice. We had a nice room, swam in the pool, had some cheap champange, got McDonald's and enjoyed sleeping in the very comfy bed.
I have been describing it to people as a "Trading Spaces" hotel. It used to be a Holiday Inn or some such. They made small, fairly cheap changes to give it a more modern, European feel.
They were successful.
But I kept thinking "Oh they just replaced the panel in fluorescent light, I could do something like that!" or, "Hmm, Curtains on the closet make such a big difference."
Who gets amateur decorating ideas from a hotel?! Me, apparently. I just need to add a ton of fleur-de-lis:
Sunday we had a nice breakfast at a French bakery and went home to feed our starving kitties. I mowed the lawn and later we went to my brother's to celebrate father's day with my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.