June 4, 2006

Educational Retreat?

I spent my weekend near Danbury, WI. Went up to a cabin on Big McGraw Lake on Saturday morning with a bunch of Sheridan folks. Spent 4 straight hours in the water going from giant floaty raft, to floaty noodles, to inner tube. I literally stayed in the water the whole time.

Later it was time for grilling and games. The cabin was gorgeous, a whole different building from the last time I was there. Three rooms with 6 bunk beds each, and a pole barn out back with a bar, pool, ping-pong, foos ball, and air hockey tables. There was also darts and a poker table. (I think this would be Ry's ideal living room)

It was blast. We stayed up until about 2am. I won and lost thousands of dollars playing black jack, learned to play pitty-pat, and lost my first ever game of "beer-pong", or in my case, "margarita-pong."(don't ask)
It was so nice to be on a lake with good friends. Made me long for the old Van Vac days.

There were all sorts of rumors about I-35 being closed or at least narrowed all weekend. Everyone experienced a different delay coming up from The Cities. I had none, but saw a major detour going the opposite direction. I can't stand sitting in traffic. Can-not stand it! So to avoid running into any thing that will send me over the edge, I decided on a longer, slower route through Osceola. BIG MISTAKE. A 60 mile detour through Wisconsin to actually progress 15 miles. No A/C, no radio, sun directly on me, and no idea how far this little side trip is going to take me. I was quite put out. Back on the road to the cities, and BAM! another detour. This time I said "screw it" and took the bridge to MN. It may be a while before I visit out neighbors to the east again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.