July 2, 2007

Randomness

  • A benefit of being preggo during the summer is access to good fresh fruit. I have 6 nectarines ripening in a paper bag on the counter!

  • Speaking of fruit, all day it has been threatening to rain. Finally it started sprinkling a few minutes ago. This caused me to take a look out the back door at this huge mess of a raspberry bush:
I planted it when I moved in. It actually came from my friend's grandmother near Red Lake. I had no idea what I was getting into with a "wild" raspberry plant. Last fall I went through and actually cut out the old canes (the canes produce their second year and then die) and tried to contain the patch. The heat and my largeness has kept me from going out and getting it back under control, but on the plus side, I have a ton of yummy raspberries to eat right now.

  • Unfortunately, the rain has only brought increased humidity. yuck!
  • I "self cleaned" the oven today. I was inspired by a hint from my brother to put the burner grates in the oven during cleaning. Brilliant! In the process I realized I have never in my life used any kind of chemical oven cleaner.
  • New session at work today. So far I am very happy with this group, and I think it'll work well.


1 comment:

  1. The raspberries look delicious! They may be my favorite fruit. Enjoy ~ they don't last long.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.