July 20, 2006

Afternoon in Anoka

I got to spend my afternoon today with Ellen, my dear friend from high school, college, and student teaching. We haven't been seeing much of each other lately, even though up until a month ago she lived about 10 blocks from me. Now that she is all the way up in Coon Rapids, we are missing each other. Absence truly makes the heart grow fonder.
We went out for Chipotle and up to Anoka to visit a teacher store her neighbor had told her about. It was in the basement of the Old Anoka courthouse. The building been turned into kind of a strange, tiny, artsy mall. But I digress...
To my surprise, the store had some used teacher stuff! What a wonderful idea. There were some used books that I would have purchased if I were teaching. Considering that so many of us teachers quit within the first five years, there could still be some useful items. I know I have bought a ton of stuff that didn't work out, or just never got used. (anybody want any bulletin board borders?) Maybe they could be sold on consignment.
The idea is up for grabs if anyone wants to start a business. Then again, that's what ebay is for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.