No sooner had I finished my first complete wedding video, nifty DVD case and all, but I make the huge mistake of going on my wedding videography forum and see a post about DVD cases and how people make them look good. Everyone had some really cool examples. Now the case I was so proud of 5 seconds ago, looks like utter crap. I am ashamed to even hand it over to the bride. I did hand it over, but I hung my head while doing so. (I did it for free so they can hardly complain right?)
So now that I have discovered that I suck, I have to redeem myself, right?
Tonight, instead of doing the editing I should have, I worked on a fancy schmancy DVD cover. I used our wedding because
A. I have better pictures than the screen shots I can get from videos.
and
B. I currently have our video in an envelope. Not even a CD envelope, an envelope left over from our invitations that I cut the gluey part off of.
So here is the result:
I just have to figure out a good way to print it. I know my printer isn't up for the job. I was thinking maybe Kinko's or the like, but that is probably pretty pricey. This would also mean having to lug along my digital camera to take a few pics to use for the cover. Now that I think about it, my digital camera from way back when, has exactly the same megapixel capability as my video camera. So no point in dragging that along. In fact, my cell phone is probably better than both of them...

Great job!
ReplyDeletelooks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI use a color printer (either an epson ink jet w/glossy photo paper - although that can be hard to fold as it gets cracks in it) or our super-sweet color laser printer at work...(heh heh).....I have not yet tried the ink jet Dell that Steve has but that's an option too. I find that PAPER is key for making the print job look fantastic.
Do you have a memory stick on your vid camera? That might be the best option for clicking a few pics for the cover art when you're shooting a wedding. I usually just grab a video frame, fancy it up in Photoshop and be done with it....usually I had over that design part to my friend Jason as I suck at Photoshop. ha