June 30, 2007

Another fantastic garage sale day

This morning I woke up pretty early and did a bunch of editing. The longest ceremony in the world is nearly complete. I also did some googling around for baby stuff. The doula/car seat safety inspector/ADD poster child we spoke with last week recommended looking into a convertible car seat as opposed to the infant (up to 22lbs.) ones we had been looking at. So I looked. Found a nice deal on one that comes with great reviews. After consulting with Peder I ordered it. Whew. That's done. Now they will let us bring the baby home.

Peder and I then went for a walk in the Cedar Lake/Lake of the Isles area. After that, I was ready to settle in for a nice nap, but Mom & Dad called to inform me about a baby-riffic garage sale just down the block from them. They had already bought a bouncy seat and a jogging stroller. (their first grandparent-y purchase!)

I high-tailed it over there after stopping at the ATM for a measly $20. I picked up mom and found more baby stuff than you can shake a stick at. I wound up getting a Viking onesie We don't need more onesies, but Godot will be born right around the time pre-season starts and we can hardly have him/her cheering in a plain old outfit, right?



I also picked up a sleep sack, a mattress pad, a breast pump, another boppy, a baby gate (right now just a challenge for the cats), and a home made baby food storage set. I got talked into the storage set. But for $3, we can afford to see how that actually pans out.

The Pièce de résistance (piece of resistance?) is buying the car seat we originally planned on getting The one that works with our wonderful stroller, for $20

I did take a pass on the baby play mat, and the adorable tiny Converse tennis shoes. It was tough though.

In total, after borrowing the additional funds from mom, I spent $62.25 at the garage sale!

.


2 comments:

  1. You are a super shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that onesie. While we don't need anymore either (unless in preemie size) I would snap that up in a heartbeat. You find anymore - give me a call :)

    Glad to hear all is going well, despite the heat. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.