I am so incredibly blessed with wonderful friends & family.
After a terrible night's sleep, Peder and Heidi came back from Austin just as I was about to leave for brunch with a few friends. It was nice to be able to get out of the house and not worry about helping to set up, or whether anyone would actually show. :o)
Shortly after I got back, people started arriving. Peder stuck around just long enough to greet people and then took off to see a movie. After getting everyone settled, we played a couple of simple games (Yes, I actually enjoy shower games) Well, one game and one arts & crafts activity. We played a kind of baby care item charades, and then guests decorated a whole mess of onesies:
we ate and talked. It was very nice and I appreciate Heidi's efforts sooooo much. What a great SIL I have.
Oh yes, Gifts. I seriously started to tear up, I can't believe how generous people are. I think my favorite "not so practical" gift was this hooded towel:
I just want to wear it all the time. I feel like a flower princess in it.
I didn't want to pass around the green blankie from Donna, it is so soft.I'll have to take pics of the whole haul. There was so much, including a glider from my mom & dad. Our camera is not doing so well, (you can kinda tell on many of the previous posts that nothing is quite in focus) so with such an important person coming to our house in the next couple months, we may have to shell out for a new one.

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to Jodi's shower, too?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time! I was sad that I had to miss it. :( Pooey!
ReplyDeleteYou're adorable in that hooded towel!
What? Why am I having a shower?
ReplyDelete