April 4, 2008

50 and Sunny

So after a few errands, we went to the zoo!
I don't know why we feel compelled to go there all the time. Could be sentimental. Peder and I met there and I went there a lot as a kid. I always have to tell the story of when I was small and got lost there. They kept me in one of these cages until my parents came to find me.
(well, maybe not the cages, but somewhere in this building)
They also gave me a long coveted MOLD-A-RAMA gorilla. The whole experience taught me two things:
  1. I didn't really want the plastic toy as much as I wanted the pleasure of watching the machine, smelling the plastic fumes, and knowing that it was being made just for me.
  2. There are rewards for getting lost at the zoo.

I think we had hopes that since Rellie has been enamoured with the cats lately, she would be interested in the animals.

Nope. She just likes to watch all of the kids as they enjoy the animals. Which is fine. It is fun to watch her watch them. But as Peder said, we could have just taken her to Wal-Mart. True Dat.

The only animal she had any interest in

Giddyap!

We were surprised at how close the...um...large...cat? was to the fence.

Seriously, mom. Get over it. I don't care about the animals, alright?

Later Aunt Ellen, Relia and I went to get some pie. Even though she hadn't seen her in over a month, Relia was all smiles for Ellen and allowed herself to be held.


Ellen introduced Relia to the pie chart, going through each one and explaining the pros & cons of each one. It was hilarious. Ellen, you are too, funny enough to have a blog. I can't wait to read it.


1 comment:

  1. Talk about cute photos! I wish I could have come with you as I also love Como Zoo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.