April 19, 2008

I'm not a bad mother, I'm not a bad mother...

Relia choked on a cough drop wrapper today. She's fine, laughing and talking immediately after, but it kinda freaked me out. We're not sure exactly where she found it, but that doesn't matter. We had planned to do some major childproofing this weekend, but I found myself very tired. After the incident I got really crabby and set to picking things up at a pace that meant I wasn't really accomplishing anything, just moving from task to task as something struck me as dangerous.
So nerve wracking!

Hopefully I can get a good night's sleet tonight and approach it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

>>UPDATE<<

Fresh eyes have made a world of difference. After a walk at the MOA this morning, I got to work. We cleared out the sun porch so it is now a Relia's playroom. It is free of coking hazards, and all of the outlets are covered. It is fun to watch her explore a new space. She dove onto the cushions left from our couch, pulled out the tub of toys, and crawled from one end of the room to the other and back again.

I love my new room!

The TV stand made of marble & cement (that I constantly picture her cracking her head on) has been disassembled and replaced with a credenza packed with our DVDs. All outlets anywhere near her level are either tucked behind furniture or are plugged. (It may be going overboard, I'm ordering some covers for outlets that have things plugged into them).

It was fun for me to get to do a little bit of furniture rearranging, since it is in my blood, and I don't get to do it very often. There just aren't many ways Peder's giant couch fits in our living room. It was also fun to get out the power tools to cut a hole in the back of the credenza for cords. I plan to bundle and cover the cords that must remain exposed, and I need to find a way to secure the cable line we have strung across the living room. I may just head to Home Depot this evening!

And just because I think it is so cute:
I got a new hat!


3 comments:

  1. Aurelia, I like your new play room and your new hat. You are a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The playroom looks great! I love the hat too. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space! I'm jealous. I wish we had an extra space to let Dahlia explore (when she gets there...). Love the hat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.