October 1, 2006

whew!

Lots of yard work today. The yard has been terrificly (a word?) neglected this summer. Last year I did a ton of work on it. This year, aside from planting two trees, we were doing well if the lawn got mowed, which it didn't. I was waiting for football to finish this afternoon, so my husband can help me with the loooooong neglected mowing. (This week I declared that since we both hate mowing, we both have to do it) So I decided to clean up the weeds and overgrown plants.
Updated Tally so far:
4 lawn bags full of weeds.
6 bundles of branches and raspberry canes.
20 remaining raspberry canes tied up to be trained
10,000 scratches on my arms
19 cobblestones moved
1 gate hung (finally! After 3 years and numerous tries)
1 tree trunk wrapped so it won't be a winter treat for bunnies
1 lawn mowed and raked
1 Strawberry garden expanded with about 15 runners from Mom & Dad

Now it's time for a lunch of home made mac & cheese (YUM!) and then back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.