January 22, 2008

Props to my hubby

Yesterday was hard.
Relia was being a big cry baby all day. Nothing was right for more than 10 minutes unless I was holding her and standing up. I did pretty well, but around 4:00 I had had it and needed some relief. So off to nana and grampa's we went. The car ride settled her completely, and when we got there she acted like nothing had ever been wrong in her whole life. But after a while this situation also became unacceptable.

I had planned to have dinner with my friend Ellen, but wasn't sure how we'd handle my screaming baby at the Malt Shop. So Nana and grandpa graciously offered to take babysit in exchange for a chocolate malt.

After dinner, the stomach issues I've been battling all weekend resurfaced. I quickly dropped off Ellen and made a dash for home. Peder met me at the door and took over baby from there. He got her fed and all ready for bed while I curled up into a ball on the couch. He then put her in her crib. Every time she started yelling, let her cry it out for a few minutes, put her rasser back in and just let her be. She fell asleep after about 6 rounds of drop the rasser and slept all night. I of course had to have the motion sensing monitor on, but neither of us woke up at all.

So I guess she'll be sleeping in there from now on. I did miss seeing that smiling face right next to me when I woke up, but I suppose this is just the first step of a long journey of letting my baby grow up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.