May 19, 2007

3 Weeks Notice

It is so ridiculous to feel bad about quitting a temp job, but as soon as I did it, I started crying. (I called from home) It just feels irresponsible. I got over it pretty quickly.

So in a few weeks I start back at St. Paul Academy summer tutoring. It'll be nice to have some time again. since it is only half days (officially, I generally spend more time, but I can do it when I want, and I can do it outside) for almost as much money. This is the first job I have ever quit after having worked more than 3 days. I quit being an usher at the Met Center after 3, and I quit the campus Pizza Hut stand in Mankato after 2 days. Both were awful, awful jobs. Okay, so I guess I have quit other jobs, but those were due to major life changes, mostly graduations. This is just quitting because I got a better offer.

This will be my 6th summer at SPA. I cannot believe it has been that long. After my first year, I knew, if they'd have me, this would be my summer job for life. It'll be good to be in a workplace where people really know and care abuot me. When I let them know I would be very pregnant this summer, they promised I could teach on only one campus (I ususally teach one or two classes on the lower campus off Grand, and then dash down Lexington to the upper campus on Randolph) My boss, Melanie, said "If you have the baby early, we'll just put a cradle in the corner of the classroom." :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.