May 1, 2007

Kitty whiskers? OUCH!

This morning before work, I noticed that my foot hurt. It felt like I'd stepped on a piece of glass. When I checked it out, it looked like I had a dark narrow sliver in my foot near my little toe. I gathered my sliver extracting tools and sat down in the sun. As I dug, tweezed, and pulled, I realized that I was pulling out a whole kitty whisker! The dark part I saw was less than a centimeter of the whole thing!

The whole whisker wasn't embeded, just the kitty end, but talk about strange. In the past, I've found the whiskers poking me while embeded in clothes, but who knew they could pierce skin? (Of course they pierce the kitty's skin, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt them.)


1 comment:

  1. Who knew? I will have to watch out for Brian's whiskers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.