I didn't think I'd have much interest in actually meeting my husband's challenge until I came up with the one for Z. These little guys figured prominently in my bedtime stories. (Parents, look for them in some of Mercer Meyer's older Little Critter Books. instead of the mouse) Now I want to hide Zipperumpazoos (right) all over the baby's room!
Amelia Bedilia, Arthur the aardvark (old version, before he got a
nose job. what was that about?)
The BFG, Babar, Bartholomew Cubbins, Berenstein Bears, Benjamin Bunny
Cat in the Hat, Cheshire cat Charlotte (of web fame)
Dr. Desoto, Drummer Hoff
Eloise (though I'm not fond of her), Eeyore
Frog & Toad, Frederick, Frances, Felix the cat
Gregory the picky eater, The Giving tree
Harry the Dirty Dog, Harold and the purple crayon
Imogene (and her antlers)
James & the Giant Peach, Jeremy Fisher
Kanga & Roo
Lowly worm, Lorax, Louis (Trumpet of the Swan)
Mr. & Mrs. Mallard (Make way for ducklings), Madeline
Nut Brown Hare (Big & Little) Nutkin (squirrel)
Old lady whispering Hush (good night moon)
Peter (Snowy Day, Pet Show, etc.), Peter Rabbit, Pippi Longstockings Paddington
Queen Cecile (Babar's wife)
Runaway bunny & his mom
Strega Nona, Stewart Little
Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo!
Underdog, Captain Underpants
Very hungry caterpillar
Wild Thing, Winnie T. Pooh, Where's Waldo, Wilber the pig, Willy Wonka
Xenerus (It's in an alphabet book I have from my childhood, I have no idea what it actually is, but our child will be able to recognize it)
Yertle the Turtle
Zipperumpazoo (Professor Wormbog in search of the Zipperumpazoo)

Very impressive.
ReplyDelete