August 29, 2007

So this is what it is all about now.

I have been writing every day. I just don't want to forget what this is like and what is happening, and the computer is the most convenient format. There may be some TMI in the previous and following posts, but I've decided not to care. This baby stuff is the center of my life for now.

Four amazing hours of sleep this morning. I got her nursed and put into bed around 11pm, she woke up around 1:30. I put her back down to sleep about 2:30. At 6:30 I woke up sure my child must be dead since she hadn't fussed at all. Still breathing. whew. then elation. I know this could be, and probably is a fluke, but wow, what a wonderful fluke. I fed her and she only nursed for about 10 minutes. This of course sent me into worry mode and I decided to try the breast pump just A: to see if I could really use it, and B: to possibly keep up the milk supply if there is a problem. I'll call the lactation consultant today to see if they can tell me any more. Mom came over again this morning and we just talked and gazed at 'Relia. I took a bath and had some breakfast. It is so nice to feel like a human for a little while instead of a zombie milk machine. (don't get me wrong I'm loving every minute of this)

Once Peder got up we decided to take advantage of our in-house expert and give 'Relia a bath.


Since then it has been pretty quiet round the house. We put 'Relia in the cradle on the sun porch for the afternoon, since the home care nurse said she was a little yellow. I read that that may be contributing to her sleepiness during feeding.
I felt so good, having had that massive amount of sleep, that I went out with mom to get another miracle blanket and some breast pump parts. On the way I was talking about how if we got another good night's sleep, maybe we'd be up for going to the fair with mom & dad tomorrow. Thank goodness we've been taking these daily outings. They bring me back to the reality of my limitations. After an hour of shopping in ari conditioned stores, I was done. When I got home, I decided to try out the sling:
I LOVE this thing. She can nurse in it, or just hang with me while I make dinner and blog!

Grandma & Grandpa stopped by to see Relia before bed too.


4 comments:

  1. I love the new photos. My, Aurelia is so pretty! I can hardly wait until the weekend when I can see and hold her again.

    Sarah and Peder, you look great! It's so fun seeing both of you involved in the bathing, etc. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah you look awesome! Sounds like you're working through all the kinks and figuring life with 'Relia out. I'm so amazed at you guys & so proud of you too. Thank you for sharing everything. I can't wait to meet her someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shots. It's great to see this little babe now that she is here :)

    I am very jealous of Relia's sleeping habits - must be b/c she is a good eater and a big girl. I'll have to have Relia have a talk with Claire someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting. I was anxious to hear your take on everything! I am glad things are going well. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.