Ugh. Everything is great with baby. Apparently it's nice and comfy in there. It was very cool to see him/her moving around on the u/s. I asked twice if I really needed to drink all that water for the u/s. "oh yes." was the answer. get in there and the tech says ya know, at this point you really didn't need to.
Good. Then I'm glad I cheated.
So they told me to go right down to OB/GYN for an NST. Okay. Check in and they say they'll be right with me. 20 minutes later I check back with the receptionist and she says
"well, your appointment isn't until 10:50." (u/s was done at 9:30)
I bug my eyes out and ask "ten-five-oh?"
"yeah."
"Okay, I'm gonna go get something to eat. I'll be back around 10:30,
okay?"
"No, you should be back at 10:10."
"Why?"
"That's when we'll get you hooked up."
Heavy sigh, off to the bathroom to cry a little from frustration.
10:30
They finally call me in. (grrr. I could have had McDonald's by now) They get me hooked up and leave. I'm reading and glancing at the monitor. The paper tape they use to record is not moving at all. Doctor (not my regular one) comes in and asks how I'm dong. I mention the paper not moving. She seems to think this is normal, I think, well maybe it's a different kind and spits it out later. 15 minutes later mom gets a nurse to come in and look at machine, I ask about paper again. Indeed it had run out about a minute into the NST! Ahhhhhhhhhh! (the doc thought I was talking about the baby not moving)
25 more minutes on the monitor, baby is declared great and we are cool
to go ahead with induction on Wednesday.
Baby come out!

oh man...how frustrating!! I'm glad you got a fresh pineappley treat!!
ReplyDeleteCome on Godot!! We're all still WAITING!! :)
I predict this little one will become a professional actor and is waiting to make a "grand" entrance!
ReplyDelete