July 7, 2009

Another awesome score!

Things go so much better when we get out of the house for a little while in the morning. This is how I am keeping myself sane (How on earth do you do this all the time Rachel?!) I go to thrift stores, tootle around with Relia on the end of my cart until we hit the shoe or toy section where I watch her play for a good 10-15 minutes. Then we hit the park. We arrived at Value Village yesterday just as it opened and came across a Radio Flyer tricycle with a push handle that steers the trike for $8!

God bless the person who invented the tricycle push handle. The front wheel is rachet-y and will go even when she is resting her feet on the pedals (since she doesn't quiet get pedaling forward)! We have been on 3 walks with it already.


It also has an old style Harpo Marx horn. We sounded like a french police car as we walked to the park to try out our new wheels.


Then today, we hit the Goodwill on Fairview in St. Paul. We found this kitchen for $10. I just couldn't pass it up. Relia and I are often eating pretend food, so we might as well have a fully equipped pretend kitchen to make such food. I purchased it with complete confidence that it would fit in my trunk. Was I insane? it wasn't even close. So I called my dad who works not to far away who graciously offered to come get it in his truck. Good thing I did a playroom toy purge yesterday.



4 comments:

  1. I love it! Way to go, Sarah! Aurelia, maybe you could make me some pancakes the next I come to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you get the best stuff. I have been looking for a trike on craigslist for weeks.

    I didn't know value village had kids stuff. Is Value Village the same thing as ARC? I have been to ARC in crystal/new hope and don't remember seeing any kids stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ARC has Value Village and Savers. They usually don't have a great selection of kids stuff, we just got lucky.

    We have another Kettler Kiddie-o one with no push handle. Like this
    That I'd like to sell now that we have this new one.
    Do I know you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best $10 you ever spent. My girls still use theirs all the time - we were going to give it to a little neighbor girl about Relia's age, but I don't think they're ready! Play kitchens are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.