What a great name for a horse.
Yesterday we went with Steve and Mary to the races at Canterbury Downs. We did this a few years back with Donna and I remember having fun, but that was before Relia. I just didn't think it was going to be an enjoyable day chasing my girl around, trying to keep her out of 2,000 people's ways.
Boy, was I wrong.
She sang most of the way there:

Relia had a blast. She sat right by Pop Pop and had a great time yelling at the horses to Go! Go! Horsies! Go! There were lots of kids and people in general for her to meet, and it didn't hurt that there were snacks available the whole time. Steve took her out to the paddock after a few of the races so she could get closer to the action.

The reason I cannot bring myself to cut her hair:

And they're off!


I took her to the play structure where she immediately disappeared. I wish I'd taken a picture, because the thing is a rectangular prism of a maze about 4 kid stories tall. I finally found her at the top of a slide with a bigger kid behind her nicely urging her to go, "It's okay, you can do it." How sweet is that? I always expect that older kids are going to shove her out of the way, even though I have lots of evidence to the contrary.
She did great all the way through the last race. I had fun too. Lost a few bucks because I pick horses based on their names and I am partial to long shots. But hey (hay?), that's what we were there for!
We were all pretty worn out by the time we got home. Relia went right to sleep, and thankfully slept through the night
(did you find the easter egg?)

Is it okay that I have that same microphone in my car for me?
ReplyDeleteMy mom bought one before we went on a trip about 6 years ago, I spent two hours playing with it.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteDid you visit the petting zoo and pony rides?
ReplyDeleteI don't think we found the petting zoo (Did we Steve?) We saw the pony rides, but I was pretty sure Relia would not be up for that yet.
ReplyDeleteYou can go with her on the pony rides...well walk beside her not get on the horse.
ReplyDelete