July 19, 2009

Brinks "advertising"?

When I got Relia up and went down for breakfast, I discovered a very inebriated man standing on our back porch trying to open the door to the kitchen. I told him to go away and banged on the window, hard. He didn't even flinch. I was so freaked out by the whole situation, it didn't occur to me to try some Sesame Street Spanish on him. ¡No abierto! ¡Vamanos! I woke up FP, cause I was out of ideas other than calling the police. FP had the presence of mind to say something like "No es tu casa" and eventually the guy left.

This completely freaked me out. I'm sure he was harmless, but geez. I asked FP to stay with us for a little while before going back to bed while I settled down. These things always seem to happen right around our security system renewal time when I am always asking myself, Do we really need to keep paying for this?

Coincidence?


2 comments:

  1. My vote is for you to sign on the dotted line for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god! That is freaky.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.