I have been looking at a lot blogs of people who blog for money and who pay other people to design their sites. I notice the cool features and then try to figure out how to put them on my blog. (proving I have too much time on my hands) Today I've been working on mouseover changes. I figured out how to make my blogger navigation bar at the top of my blog disappear unless you put your mouse at the top (go ahead, try it). I also learned how to make a photo change when you put your mouse over it:
put your mouse on the photo to see what I hope the buffet will kinda look like:


Lesson learned: when I want to "gussie up" my blog, I'm going to ask you to do it for me. Would that be okay?
ReplyDeleteSarah, I just want to hire you for something! After catching up on your last few entries, I feel like the world's laziest person. In fact I'm on my way to bed. In my unpainted rooms with mis-matching furniture. You are truly awesome!
ReplyDeleteMay I put in a vote for keeping the original hardware? I painted a dresser for Josiah three years ago and spraypainted the gold hardware in a nickel color. I think it turned out pretty good for a novice. The existing hardware looks good, but better in a silver tone.
ReplyDeleteI've often considered having someone smarten up my blog too. I get bored with Blogger's basic templates!
I would love to mess with people's blogs! I have about 6 blogs to my name with nothing real on them, they are just a place to try stuff out, without screwing up my real blogs.
ReplyDeleteI've thought about keeping the originals, it certainly would be cheaper. I guess the thing is, I really don't like the original hardware. They have eagles with arrows in their mouths that look a little like this Just a little too...Americana(?) for me.
ReplyDeleteOoh! Teach me the ways of the cool blogginess!!
ReplyDeleteI think the changes to the buffet will look fantastic!