July 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Six years ago today I closed on our house!

The first time I saw the inside, I thought, "There is no way I could ever be lucky enough to get this." and then I was. At the time, it was my dream house. Exactly what I wanted. Now, not so much. So as many earlier posts have shown, I am working on falling back in love with our house.

I have always wanted to name the house. I have never named any of my cars, as it seems most people do, but there is something about an old house that to me says it needs a name.

I was re-hanging my beloved door pickles, for what I hope is the last time (Miranda do you have any idea how much I love those?) When it came to me: Is there a language in which "pickle" sounds pretty?



(so-tah-chet-o)

Of course it is Italian. Now I will sound ridiculously pretentious when I say we'll be heading back to Sottaceto for the evening. Now I need to search the thrift stores for a sign I can repaint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.