July 18, 2009

More stuff and golly am I excited:

I stopped at a yard sale on the corner last Thursday because I saw some cool chairs . I promised myself that if they were in decent shape, I wouldn't pay more than $10 a piece. They were priced at $15 for the pair, so I snatched them up along with a couple of shirts for Relia. I also met my neighbor, who apparently moved in around the same time I did. She works for my school district too. Cool!

She had a buffet, that was pretty beat up, but in which I saw some potential -for $75. I wasn't willing to pay that much, and didn't feel okay haggling with a neighbor I just met. So today they still had the buffet out and FP told me to offer $30. that seemed like way too big of a price drop, I thought $50, FP said split the difference and offer $40. Hmmm.

Went back, and there was no price on the buffet so I asked, "how much?" They said, "$30?"
SOLD!
FP and the guy at the house graciously hauled this super heavy piece back to our porch while I carted the drawers and tried to corral Relia. I cannot wait to make repairs, sand the sucker down, and paint it.



The chairs are great. The are high enough that Relia, who refuses to sit in a booster seat anymore, can sit up to the table and see her food while she eats.




3 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure got some wonderful buys! You'll have an easy time with your fall essay, "What I did over the summer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the excitement--I know that feeling to get some treasures like this and then can't wait to work on it. BTW-my new favorite web sites came from you. It is the one that you attached to the post about the drop cloth drapes--The Lettered Cottage. Then you go there and there are tons of other neat web sites off of that one. I have been spending hours looking at them and enjoying them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the buffet. You are amazing. I can't wait to see the final project.
    Heidi- under Brian's log in.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.