FP just helped me move the new buffet into the garage. I really miss it. I can't wait 'til it comes back into the dining room. As I removed the doors and hardware, I discovered the beautiful original finished wood underneath. It has weakened my resolve to paint. I must. There is a big chunk taken out of one of the doors and the bottom corner that I am patching up with wood filler. It wouldn't look good. Maybe a professional could fix it, but I have my heart set on a do-it-myself project.
I just painted a chair with the black paint I borrowed from Layla's cabinets at The Lettered Cottage I wasn't terribly impressed by the color it in real life until I started sanding to distress it. Now I love the look and this is how I want to paint the buffet also.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.