July 26, 2009

Did it!

I dove in and started painting the buffet today, and I am really REALLY happy with it. A couple of mistakes, that I'm unsure whether they need to be corrected or not, depends on what the light of day shows.
Once again, my brilliant father saved the day, or at least saved me a lot of trouble, by suggesting I repair the gash on the lower right by making a damn with scotch tape (I used packing tape) and squirting epoxy in. It wasn't easy, and I wound up holding the cardboard dam in place for 15 minutes, but it came out nice and smooth. Thanks Poppa!




It certainly plains up the thing. It looks like something I could have picked up at JC Penny or, at least a nice expensive Pottery Barn piece:


In a couple of days I expect to have pics of it all finished!
But for $30, plus $25 in paint, along with great experience points, I have made it priceless to me.


2 comments:

  1. Cool! Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am really going to like it. It goes without saying that it makes it even better when you only pay $30.00 for it. Did you use a special kind of paint? I am going to want to know. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.