July 15, 2009

The art of thrifting

This summer has had me going a little crazy in the second hand shopping department. This stay-at-home-mom thing is great and I'm loving having time to just hang with Relia, but it's also not very stimulating. So, I've discovered that I can take Relia to the thrift stores and browse, as long as she gets to spend some time playing with toys and trying on shoes.

This means I get to go almost daily: Monday Value Village, and Savers, Wednesday Goodwill in St. Paul and sometimes Roseville. Which is the secret to finding good stuff, going often. That, and knowing how much things cost in regular stores so you know when you are getting a good deal.

Last week I found this:

It would be worthless if my poppa wasn't such a wizard with the AC adapters. Now I have a $50 ipod player/charger for $3.


1 comment:

  1. I was just at Roseville Goodwill today and I got some treasures. Wednesdays are 25% off for seniors. I LOVE thrifting. Only trouble is I have problems with prices in the store. Also, you never know what you are going to find or the people you meet. It is soooo much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.