July 12, 2009

When you Assume...

I've also been working on our front porch
Relia loves to spend time out here and I have never really done that. It get so hot in the early evenings, but when I put up a curtain that blocks the sun from getting to the bench, it is actually pretty okay most days. So I'm making it a little nicer for me. I put up sheer curtains in the corners to create some "romance" ;o) I would love to put a huge, big leafed plant in the corner.


The overhead light hasn't worked for at least 5 years when we had a torrential downpour that clued me into a giant hole in my siding, letting rain GUSH into the porch ceiling. Ever since then, the porch light has not worked. How did I know? Well, it has an outlet on it and the string of Christmas lights plugged into it stopped working. (can you guess where this is going?)

Today, while Relia napped, I thought I'd get to the bottom of the problem and see if it was anything I could fix, like a loose wire or something. After I turned off the power and removed the globe, I discovered something; I guess I'd never put a bulb in the globe, because I liked the glow of the string lights better. I thought, maybe I should double check to make sure it's really not working before I go pulling this off the ceiling... Lo an behold, the darn thing has been working the whole time!! Ugh stupid, stupid, stupid. At least I had sense enough to double check before I took the whole thing apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.