one standard breadbox, acquired from goodwill last week:
Now Relia will always know how to measure in bread boxes. And it matches my cookie jar!
I also finally found something a little prettier to contain our cat box. For ten bucks I got this beat up, dusty rattan trunk, cut a hole in one side, and voila! I wish we could keep the darn thing in the basement, but we are terrible about attending to it when we aren't around it. Next project is to put up all of the old hooks I took from my Grandparents farm house on the wall above for coats and bags. I'm afraid to delve into the plaster and lath in hopes of finding a stud or two. It could get quite messy.
On the other side of the foyer, (which I still intend to paint BTW) I also finally found frames for pictures. The the black matte ones I got for $6 each. They were framed stock photos with a faux tarnished silver color. I spray painted them black and yet another voila:
On the same trip I found this ladder shelf for $25. It was still in the box from Target and the only thing wrong with it was that one of the shelves was marked incorrectly so one might put it together backwards. Perfect timing, because Relia has been using my printer as a step stool lately.
The really amazing part was that I fit both the shelf and the trunk in Peder's car!

you find the best stuff. Can I come thrifting with you?
ReplyDeleteOnly if you tell me who you are...
ReplyDeleteOf course I hardly ever blog about the 10 other trips that yielded nothing.
ReplyDelete