This has turned into project week. Several things I have been putting off doing for months or even years got done (or at least started) today.
- Replace floor outlets -We have three of them, and all of them are really old two prong ones. I fixed them up with grounded ones and new face plates. I have meant to do this since Peder moved in. Why didn't I do it? It took less than 30 minutes to do all three with a toddler following me the whole way.
Before After
- Paint garbage chairs -We have two chairs I pulled from other people's garbage years ago that I have convinced myself are saturated with lead. So they have lived in the basement for the past 10 months. Today I took them out back and slathered on the sealer-primer. I gave Relia a paintbrush and a bucket of water and told her she could paint the door and steps, but she had to stay on the steps. It worked. She actually did it.
- Entryway floor -The vinyl has been coming up at the edge by the door. I began peeling it up and Relia came up, squatted down next to me, and said, "No momma. no work." I guess she'd had it with the projects for today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.