July 5, 2009

Independence declared?

We tried the big girl bed today. Nap time was a disaster. She fought and fought at nap time. After 2 hours I gave up and let her go play. My girl does not fall asleep except under specific circumstances:
After her bedtime routine, in her crib, on her turtle pillow.
When she is really tired and has been in the moving car for at least 10 minutes.
ONCE she fell asleep in her high chair.

She just does not conk out.

Peder put her down around 7:30 and by 8:00 she was out. I went in to check on her when I got home and she was snuggled up with her bear completely, 100% asleep! She woke up around 11:30 and called for us. I went in and laid with her until she fell back to sleep.

Today, I told her she could go in the pool after she took her nap. She practically ran upstairs and crawled into bed. We read a book and I said I'd stay as long as she stayed in her bed. She immediately got out so I left. She cried. I set the oven timer for 20 minutes. I was not allowed to go in until that timer went off.

I propped the monitor up next to me and read while she wailed. after about 12 minutes she was quiet. She has been silent for an hour! (I can still hear breathing) We have SUCH an easy kid. How did we ever get so lucky?

UPDATE: Bed time tonight was similar to nap time: she cried, but settled after not too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.